about this project

this project was started in January 2010 and was intended just for the one time showing at the conference Textures (June, Riga, Latvia, 2010). Since I received requests from other people who would like to participate, I decided to create a new place for it and let it continue... Anybody is welcome to add a new story in fiber one, two, three dimensional, not too big in a size (between 20x20x20 and 50x50x50 cm). The written story about the piece is optional but will be appreciated to the level you wish to share it. Every submission will be documented on this blog.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

beginning on January 26, 2010

Blog Entrystory in texturesJan 26, '10 8:27 PM
for everyone
I am starting a new project "Story in Textures"

I'll try to explain what I have in mind -

let us say right now I definitely have feelings about how it is to stop teaching - but I do not want to put them in words, and if someone would ask me - "how do you feel about retiring now?" - I wish to make this little piece instead of the answer, so I could give the person to see it, to touch it, and I could just say - this is how I feel. 
I believe that everybody has/had such experience when she did not want to put her feelings in words.  It could be some awakening love - have seen young girls carefully choosing the softest and nicest yarn to make a scarf for their boyfriends because they do not want to say "I love you" yet...
It could be anything - joy, anger, sorrow, disappointment... It is like somebody would ask to finish a sentence "this is how I feel about...." but instead of words use fiber.

I am happy for anybody who would like to share "fiber story" to make a piece and sent to me. I am not asking for a big piece - something between 20x20 up to 50x50 cm. If the story comes with it - very nice, but if the story is "in fiber" and does not want to be put in words it is also ok. I would also understand if there is just a piece called "this is how I feel about..." or even "this is how I feel now".
just to have some fiber texture - crochet/knitted, felted, weaved - does not matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment